Developing Emerging Leaders: Quality, Efficiency, Education and Policy
2017 TONE Annual Conference Call for Posters
The TONE Annual Conference provides an excellent forum to share your knowledge, accomplishments and innovations with nursing colleagues across the state. TONE is seeking poster presentations that support this year’s theme: "Developing Emerging Leaders: Quality, Efficiency, Education and Policy." Poster presentations should demonstrate innovative and creative strategies that expand leadership competencies to lead change and advance health. We are interested in leadership development programs across all care settings.
The TONE Poster Presentation sessions highlight nursing leadership of evidence-based activities, and provide opportunities for networking and sharing "best practices” during the conference.
Posters will be displayed on
Friday, February 24
from 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
*In addition, three presenters will be selected to share their project during a conference general session.
Abstracts should focus on innovation (creativity, improvements, advancement) in one of the following categories:
- Research studies that demonstrate use of research methods to improve or examine issues related to leadership-related competency development. Research projects that are in progress or already completed are acceptable.
- Evidence-based leadership practices that reflect how nurse leaders improve patient care, advance health and impact the future of health care.
- Quality or process improvement initiatives based on evidence that demonstrates how nursing leadership transformed patient care and work environments.
Sending Abstract for Review:
- Must be submitted by December 15, 2016.
Notification of Abstract Status:
- The Texas Organization for Nurse Executives (TONE) Abstract Review Subcommittee will review all poster submissions and notify you of the status of your submission by Friday, February 3 , 2017.
- This year, three submissions will be selected to present their project during a general session to the TONE attendees.
Information regarding abstracts that are accepted for presentation:
- It is expected that the presenter will be present during poster sessions.
- It is expected that poster presenters will register for the conference.
- Presenters will be asked for permission to post their abstracts on the TONE website.
- Presenters may be asked for permission for their photo at their presentation for inclusion on the TONE website.
*THE 2017 TONE CALL FOR POSTERS IS NOW CLOSED.