February 22 - 23, 2018
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital
Superheroes in Scrubs: Strong Enough to Tolerate Everything and Soft Enough to Understand Everyone
2018 TONE Annual Conference Call for Posters
The TONE Annual Conference provides an excellent forum to share your knowledge, accomplishments and innovations with nursing colleagues across the state. TONE is seeking poster presentations that support this year’s theme: "Superheroes in Scrubs: Strong Enough to Tolerate Everything and Soft Enough to Understand Everyone." Poster presentations should demonstrate innovative and creative strategies that expand leadership competencies to lead change and advance health. We are interested in leadership development programs across all care settings.
The TONE Poster Presentation sessions highlight nursing leadership of evidence-based activities, and provide opportunities for networking and sharing "best practices” during the conference.
Posters will be displayed on
Friday, February 23
from 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
*In addition, three presenters will be selected to share their project during a conference general session.
Abstracts should focus on innovation (creativity, improvements, advancement) in one of the following categories:
Sending Abstract for Review
- Research studies that demonstrate use of research methods to improve or examine issues related to leadership-related competency development. Research projects that are in progress or already completed are acceptable.
- Evidence-based leadership practices that reflect how nurse leaders improve patient care, advance health and impact the future of health care.
- Quality or process improvement initiatives based on evidence that demonstrates how nursing leadership transformed patient care and work environments.
Notification of Abstract Status
- Must be submitted by
January 5, 2018 Extended to January 12, 2018
Information regarding abstracts that are accepted for presentation
- The Texas Organization for Nurse Executives (TONE) Abstract Review Subcommittee will review all poster submissions and notify you of the status of your submission by Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
- Three submissions will be selected to present their project during a general session to the TONE attendees.
- It is expected that the presenter will be present during poster sessions.
- It is expected that poster presenters will register for the conference.
- Presenters will be asked for permission to post their abstracts on the TONE website.