Call for Nominations
Board of Directors
Are you interested in getting involved on the TONE Board or do you know someone who is? TONE is soliciting nominations through Friday, March 29, 2019 for the following positions:
District 1 Director - (2 year term)
District 3 Director - (2 year term)
District 5 Director - (2 year term)
District 7 Director - (2 year term)
Treasurer- (2 year term)
Additionally TONE is seeking to create diversity within our Board and support emerging leaders by filling 2 at-large positions with nursing representatives at the Manager level within their institutions. Criteria include: CV, Statement of Interest, and Letter of Support from one's CNO.
At-Large Director 1 - (2 year term)
At-Large Director 3 - (2 year term)
We invite member input on identifying qualified and motivated nominees and encourage each TONE member to consider serving as a Board member or officer to help TONE remain vital and prosperous.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019. Voting Period: June 1 - June 15, 2019. Terms begin September 1, 2019.
We invite member input on identifying qualified and motivated nominees and encourage each TONE member to consider serving as a Board member or officer to help TONE remain vital and prosperous. The Call for Nominations will be open until Friday, March 29, 2019. The guidelines and procedures for making nominations, and the board member and officer responsibilities are described below.
The credentials of each nominee will be verified by the Nominating Committee. Every nominee must be a member in good standing, both in the profession and in the Association.
- Nominees must be members in good standing in the profession and in TONE.
- Nominees must be willing to serve a term (2 years as noted above) beginning September 1, 2019.
- Nominees must be willing to attend a board orientation during the summer in-person board meeting in mid July.
- Nominations must be made by a TONE member in good standing and the reasons for the nomination must be stated in the nomination form (see Procedures below).
- Contact each person you wish to nominate to obtain his or her consent and collect any information you will need to complete your nomination (see step #2). Please do not submit a nomination until you have contacted the nominee personally and secured his or her agreement to be nominated.
- Prepare your nomination and specifying your reasons for the nomination, including the following information about the nominee:
- history in the field;
- present professional position;
- demonstrated interest in supporting and promoting the mission of TONE;
- willingness to stand for election; and
- commitment to serve and fulfill the duties of the position sought (see Responsibilities below).
- Send your nomination via the form below, no later than Friday, March 29, 2019.
- Arrange for your nominee to submit a brief personal statement of no more than 300 words or their professional resume by Friday, March 29, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate statement/resume will be included with the ballot. To be fair to all nominees, longer statements will be truncated at 300 words.
Board of Directors Responsibilities
Board Members are expected to attend at least 50 percent of the monthly board calls. The board typically also meets in-person twice a year. No other travel is required during the year. They must have email and internet access and be willing to check their email and the Board Discussions (via email) on a regular basis. During the year Board Members must commit to stay engaged by discussing and voting in a timely manner on various issues before the Board. They must volunteer for occasional tasks, including serving on TONE committees.
The Board shall have authority to make policy decision to: carry on the business of TONE; establish rules and procedures for the Board and TONE; approve or disapprove reports, resolutions or actions of officers and committees; approve an annual budget; chair committees and approve committee membership; biennially review the Bylaws and appoint a committee as needed for proposed changes.
If a board member misses more than 50% of the meetings annually she/he may be dropped from the board and replaced upon recommendation of the TONE board.
TONE District Board Members shall be ad hoc board members of the chapter(s) within their district.