Welcome to the TONE Nurse Scholarship Program page!
TONE is offering four $1500 scholarships available to TONE members pursuing advanced degrees.
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement, community service, and financial need.
To qualify, an applicant must meet the criteria below:
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited graduate program in Nursing at the Masters or Doctoral level.
- Applicant must have completed at least one semester of courses.
- Applicant must demonstrate community service involvement.
- Applicant must submit one recommendation by current nursing faculty.
- Applicant must submit one recommendation from community service/volunteer agency.
- Scholarship recipients must agree to present their final capstone/project on the TONE webpage, as a poster at the TONE annual meeting, or as a podium presentation at the TONE annual meeting.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive a maximum of one scholarship per year. Scholarships are awarded for one year at a time. You may apply multiple years, but you must reapply. Scholarships do not automatically renew.
All applications must be submitted using TONE Online Scholarship Application Form (linked below). ONLY scholarship applications submitted electronically will be accepted.
You will be asked to please write a one page essay (500 words) at the end of the question and answer section. The essay will address "How do you plan to use your nursing education after graduation, and how does this benefit nursing as a whole?"
The scholarships will be awarded during the TONE Annual Conference in February 2019.
If you have any questions or need additional information please notify: Dr. AJ Stephens, DNP, MBA/HCA, RN-BC, CMSRN, NEA-BC, Chair, TONE Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
The deadline for completed applications is WEDNESDAY, November 8 , 2018. Apply today!