Welcome to the TONL Nurse Scholarship Program page!
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement, community service, and financial need.
To qualify, an applicant must meet the criteria below:
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited graduate program in Nursing at the Masters or Doctoral level.
- Applicant must have completed at least one semester of courses.
- Applicant must demonstrate community service involvement.
- Applicant must submit one recommendation by current nursing faculty.
- Applicant must submit one recommendation from community service/volunteer agency.
- Scholarship recipients must agree to present their final capstone/project on the TONL webpage, as a poster at the TONL annual meeting, or as a podium presentation at the TONL annual meeting.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive a maximum of one scholarship per year. Scholarships are awarded for one year at a time. You may apply multiple years, but you must reapply. Scholarships do not automatically renew.
All applications must be submitted using TONL Online Scholarship Application Form (linked below). ONLY scholarship applications submitted electronically will be accepted.
You will be asked to please write a one page essay (500 words) at the end of the question and answer section. The essay will address "How do you plan to use your nursing education after graduation, and how does this benefit nursing as a whole?"
The scholarships will be awarded during the TONL Annual Conference in February 2020.
If you have any questions or need additional information please notify: Dr. AJ Stephens, DNP, MBA/HCA, RN-BC, CMSRN, NEA-BC, Chair, TONL Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
Applications will be opening again in late August 2020.